The aim of the Task Force on HPH and age-friendly health care is to promote and integrate a life-course approach to active aging in health care settings. We aim to achieve universal health gains for older people and to visualize the role and value of HPH in the era of population aging.
- Global progress in research and practice on management policy, communication and services, care processes, and physical environment
- Best practice on people-centered care for older persons with COVID-19
- Workshop on High-Tech and High-Touch Age-friendly Health Services, in: 27th International Conference on Health Promoting Hospitals and Health Services, May 31, 2019, Warsaw
- 2019 Conference on Age-friendly Health Care & Contest on Best Practice Analysis, Dec. 20, 2019, Taipei.
- Forum on Age-friendly Housing and Health Promotion-Towards Healthy Residential Environments for All, July 19, 2020; New Taipei City.
- “How age-friendly city and health care movement strengthens societal resilience against COVID-19 outbreak” in C4All COVID19 Series “Webinar 4: Valuing Lives: Combating Myths and Threats to Older Persons and Persons with Disabilities in Local Level Responses”, organized by World Enabled, April 15, 2020.
- Panel Session on “Transforming the Agenda of People” in the IHF Virtual Forum 2020 “Learning from COVID-19, Transforming Health Services” Nov. 4-5, 2020.
- 2021 Conference on Age-friendly Health Care & Contest on Best Practice Analysis, Jan. 16, 2021;
- International Hospital Federation‘s “Beyond COVID-19” Task Force, People’s Working Group: collecting the best practice in transforming the agenda of people in healthcare settings
- UN-Habitat – virtual Expert Group Meeting (EGM) on “Inclusive Cities for All” on 19-20 May 2020.
- WW Fingers Network – research on healthy aging
Members and Contact Information
Task Force Leader
Dr. Shu-Ti Chiou
Associate Professor, School of Medicine, Yang-Ming University; Founder and President, Health and Sustainable Development Foundation
- Borje Bjelke (Norway), Professor, Division of Medicine, University of Oslo, Norway
- Wei Chen (Taiwan), Director, Department of Community Health, Chiayi Christian Hospital, Taiwan
- Li-Yin Chien (Taiwan), Professor & Director of International Health Program, School of Medicine, National Yang-Ming University, Taiwan
- Bob Gann (UK), Digital inclusion specialist, NHS, UK
- Yu-Te Lin (Taiwan), Director, Department of Geriatric Medicine, Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital, Taiwan
- Barbara Liu (Canada), Executive Director of Regional Geriatric Program Toronto; Program Director of Geriatric Medicine
- Professor Jürgen Pelikan (Austria), Director, WHO Collaborating Centre for Health Promotion in Hospitals and Health Care
- Mr. Jeff Svane (Denmark), Senior Consultant for Quality in General Practice at Capital Region, Denmark
- Ying-Wei Wang (Taiwan), Director-General, Health Promotion Administration, Ministry of Health and Welfare