The purpose of the Task Force on Migration, Equity & Diversity is to support member organisations in developing policies, systems and competences for the provision and delivery of accessible health care to patients from diverse populations. To this end, a set of Standards for equity in health care were developed and pilot tested in several countries. The Task Force aims to develop strategies to ensure the effective implementation of standards for equity and the identification and sharing of good practices and innovative ideas.
- Framework for measuring and monitoring the capacity of hospitals and health care organizations to improve the accessibility and quality of care for migrants and vulnerable groups.
- Evaluating equity in health care: a pilot test of a self-assessment tool in 16 countries. 27th HPH Conference, 29-31 May, Warsaw, 2019
- coming soon
- Chiarenza, A. et al (2014). Standards for equity in health care for migrants and other vulnerable groups: self-assessment tool for pilot implementation. HPH TF MFH, Azienda Unità Sanitaria Locale di Reggio Emilia. DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.2.27349.93928
- Chiarenza, A. (2016) What is equity in health care? Clinical Health Promotion Vol 6. Issue 2 – pp: 1-2
- Cattacin S., Chiarenza A., Domenig D. (2013) Equity standards for health care organisations: a theoretical framework. Diversity and Equality in Health and Care 10(4): 249-258
- Chiarenza, A., Domenig, D., Cattacin, S., (2020). Standards for equity in healthcare provision and utilisation: pilot test in sixteen countries. Diversity and Equality in Health and Care: 17(3): 115-124
- Chiarenza, A., Horvat, L., Lanting, K., Ciannameo, A., Suurmond, J. (2019) Addressing health care for migrants and ethnic minorities in Europe: a review of training programmes. Health Education Journal Vol. 78(1):9-23
- Chiarenza, A., Dauvrin, M, Chiesa, V., Baatout, S, Verrept, H. (2019) Supporting access to healthcare for refugees and migrants in European countries under particular migratory pressure. BMC Health Services Research, 2019. 19(1): 513
- Chiarenza, A & Chiesa, V. (2018) The provision of migrant-friendly health care in Reggio Emilia. In Compendium of health system responses to large-scale migration in the WHO European Region. Copenhagen: WHO Regional Office for Europe: 84-97
- Chiarenza, A. (2015) Equity in health care for migrants and other vulnerable groups: a project of the Task Force on Migrant-friendly and Culturally Competent Health Care. Migration and health – PHAME newsletter. Copenhagen: WHO Regional Office of Europe. Issue 7 – Dec 2015: 2-4